[orca-list] Strange sound problem in linux

I thought this may be a specific Linux distro but this seems to happen at least when running either Ubuntu or
Sonar but there appears to be an issue with switching output devices when sound of any type is played which
disables both login sounds and Orca.
This is at least happening on my laptop running Ubuntu Utopic and the latest version of Orca.
What happens is that if I install Linux with say a headset like the kind you may use in a Walkman or the kind
with the same jack as an IPhone headset or use the built in speakers, you seem to have to do one or the other
when booting up a Linux system, not either or because if you use a headset when doing a fresh install or
install and have Orca speak through the external speakers, if you switch at all during bootup like you wish
to use a headset for privacy maybe yet your original installation has had Orca come through the built in
speakers, you may have a perfectly running Linux system only you have no sound so you have to either shutdown
via a terminal or just power off.

Sent from my iPhone