Re: [orca-list] notifications problem

hi
I've got this problem as well. I thought it was simply the
applications I was using wasn't using gnome's notification system but
it's own, but yesterday I actually saw vlc pop up a notification on
the message tray, so clearly that wasn't it. THere's going to be a
major overhall of notifications in gnome 3.16, so hopefully it will
solve this problem of orca not being able to see them. This kind of
sounds like a gnome bug to be honest. SOmetimes I can hear new
incoming notifications, and sometimes I cannot. The notifications are
stored in the message tray so if you miss one, just get to the message
tray by pressing windows key + m, and they're there. They're stored
under the name of whatever app sent them, for example vlc media
player. TO view them, press the up arrow. To dismiss them and delete
them from teh history, press delete. Orca doesn't like the list of
notifications, sometimes it will read them, at other times it won't,
so it's hit or miss. THis, hopefully will be fixed in gnome 3.16
Thanks
Kendell clark

Pavel Vlček wrote:
Dear friends, I have small problem in Fedora and notifications. I
don't use gnome-tweak tool, I use fedora in default setup. I can
access notifications from pidgin etc, but when I hide all windows
and when I am at gnome default focus view, I lost all informations
about all outdated and incoming notifications. Friends can go
online, vlc can change media file, but I can't get this info with
orca. When I want to hear last notifications, I set keys for these
actionsin preferences, orca lost information about all outdated and
new notifications, but I never get message about blank
notifications message, orca is silent. To get it to work again, I
must restart orca, but when I hide all windows, the problem is
back. Orca 3.14.3 with gnome 3.14 in Fedora 21-5. Thank you, Pavel