[orca-list] Orca and Evince

Hey all, here are some interesting findings I have found while using Orca 3.16.2 and the current version of Evince that I have, Evince 3.16.1.

These are my findings for large PDf documents, of over 1000 pages in length, and while the caret browsing is on.

Pressing the TAB key immediately has the document scroll through the document to the bottom. Not sure if this is intended, but thought I would put it out there. Shift tab brings the document to the top. If this is intended, then ignore this.

Highlighting Text
I have noticed, if I start highlighting text at the beginning of the line, orca will sometimes repeat the past line that was selected as I arrow down, or not even say anything at all as I highlight. This can be quirky, as if I start highlighting, I always want to know what I am highlighting, and feedback from Orca is not provided either not at all, or lines that were already highlited and I just get repeats of previous lines that are highlighted.

However, if I start highlighting in the middle of a sentence, feedback seems to be fine. I just have to either start highlighting by word itself, or continue highlighting from a the paragraph, and try to make sure what I am actually highlighting.

Use of Find to Locate Text or Pages
I have noticed that in large documents such as mine, if I enter a text string, and arrow through the results, once I press escape to actually see what the actual result is, Orca will jump to a totally different page all together, making me have to find the text either by searching the document itself, or by going to a different search string that is around there, and try to pick up where I left off.

These are just my findings, and I hope this will help in the improvement of Evince and Orca.

Alfonzo Cuellar