Re: [orca-list] Should Orca announce when entering and/or exiting lists, tables, etc. during caret navigation?

Definitely a good thing the way it is now. I've used a Chromebook, and
I can't think for the life of me why it talks entirely too much the way
it does. I'm reading through a page and I hear things like "ordered
list with 1 items," "link collection with 6 items," and "list with 17
items, list item," and I want to throw the thing. Most of this
information is completely useless to me, and if I ever do want to know
it, this is what WhereAmI is supposed to do, unless it's broken in
these circumstances.

In the case of tables, there is always confusion between tables that
actually mean something and are useful to know about and tables that
are used solely for layout purposes, so it is probably better to say
such things only when verbosity is set to verbose. Brief verbosity
users can generally get by without all this extra speech. Hope this
helps.
Sent from the front of the line