Re: [orca-list] Wanting to switch to orca master nd need some updated directions please

Hi.
You need to install some dependencies to compile orca.
I don't know all but I can list some dependencies.

gnome-common, yelp-tools.
There are more and probably they are already installed.

To compile and install orca, you can execute the following steps.
1. Do a cd to the folder where the sources of orca are.
2. Execute the following commands:
./autogen.sh -prefix=pref_install
Substitute pref_install by the name of the folder where you want to install orca. Do not use /usr because in this case you'll kill the installed version of orca.
If no errors in the previous command, execute a make.
And finally a make install.
If you do not have permission to install orca in the desired directory, use sudo.

To execute the new orca do:
pref_install/bin/orca --replace

Again substitute pref_install by the name of the folder where the new orca was installed.

I hope that this helps.