Re: [orca-list] Important: Web accessibility survey for screen reader users

hmmm.
Fewer usrs? Nah.
Small community, definitely.

As for it not being on the survey, (which i think is closed now,) I wonder the reason why Orca isn't on the list, is because it doesn't get enough press.
Same with Supernova and Cobra on Windows for that matter...

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:09 AM, _mallory <stommepoes stommepoes nl> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 09:17:52AM -0500, Alex Midence wrote:
> I wanted to pass this link along to you guys so the Orca community is more represented in these things so, I’m terribly sorry about the cross posting.  This is a survey conducted by Webaim to find out how accessible screen reader users think the internet is.  What bugs me is that they mention nearly all screen readers except for Orca.  Last time I mentioned it to them, they said it was because they didn’t think anyone used it much so, they didn’t include it.  Chromevox was there though which I would argue has fewer users than Orca does.

> http://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey6/

Jared even made a snarky comment about Orca users:
https://twitter.com/jared_w_smith/status/618529195761668096

It would be nice to know if Orca is more heavily represented in
countries like India and Brazil, because I'm pretty sure the
WebAIM surveys are very Western-biased, where having a Windows
machine is often an automatic default.

_mallory