Re: [orca-list] Trying to get to the bottom of the "Alt+Tab fixes Firefox" stuff

hi
This commit seems to have fixed the few instances I've run into this
problem, mostly when reading daisy books. I'll keep this email around
though and write in if it turns out I'm wrong. But 3 books in and I
haven't had to alt tab once, so lets hope! Great work!
Thanks
Kendell clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

Several of you have reported that when Orca doesn't present
something in Firefox, you can sometimes "fix" it by Alt+Tabbing out
of Firefox and back into it. When you Alt+Tab out of Firefox, Orca
dumps things we're caching for performance. So I'm trying to find
where I can dump cache to solve the problems you've reported
without dumping it so frequently as to lose the performance
benefits. When a page finishes loading seems like a good,
conservative first attempt. Which brings me to the following:

If you have a reliably reproducible Firefox test case "fixed" by
Alt+Tab, please pull master and see if the problem is now fixed
for real. If it is not, please capture a full debug.out and provide
it, along with very concrete steps I can follow to reproduce it.
(Given that the debug.out may be larger than the mailing list
attachment size limits, sending it to me personally is probably a
good idea.)

orca-list mailing list orca-list gnome org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/orca-list Visit
http://live.gnome.org/Orca for more information on Orca. The manual
is at