Re: [orca-list] in need of c++ code to add accessible labels

Hi Kendal,

This is disappointing. I know enough about c++ or c to at least
attempt this, but I know nothing about _javascript_. Someone else is
going to attack this or I'm going to have to resort to filing bugs
with good comments saying what the label should be, rather than being
able to do this myself. I wish I was more of a programmer, but I'm
not, at least not yet.

No need to put yourself down! Nobody is born with skills and we all have to start somewhere. The _javascript_ in Alejandro's examples repository might help you get started on _javascript_:

Honestly, snce you already know a bit of C and C++ I bet you'll find _javascript_ easier to work with once you get over the initial learning curve of a new language. Keep at it :D

Also check out GNOME Shell's Looking Glass feature for testing _javascript_ codes out.

Magdalen

Alejandro Piñeiro wrote:

> On 10/07/15 13:51, chrys87 web de wrote:
>> Hi Kendell,
>>
>> I dont know if that helps you but here are some examples how this
>> does
> work:
>>
>> Set an accessible name in xml structure (i think created by
>> glade)
>>
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/commit/?id=c72062ba6
5f9a4f587485852287881f8e4275dd5

https://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/commit/?id=7afbac0a64f1734842ed64e
333c9147de1cdbcd9

>> the same as c++ code
>>
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-boxes/commit/?id=2a76776e8d6247aef5
ac8970f25f7ec41c274440

assign a lable in xml
>> <accessibility> <relation type="labelled-by" target="label10"/>
>> </accessibility> like here (line 154)
>>
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/tree/panels/printers
/printers.ui?id=38958903eea61d3216ae3e0d702b27bcc0b7996b#n154

here is also some useful information: