Re: [orca-list] in need of c++ code to add accessible labels

On 10/07/15 13:51, chrys87 web de wrote:
> Hi Kendell,
>
> I dont know if that helps you but here are some examples how this does work:
>
> Set an accessible name in xml structure (i think created by glade)
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/commit/?id=c72062ba65f9a4f587485852287881f8e4275dd5
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/commit/?id=7afbac0a64f1734842ed64e333c9147de1cdbcd9
> the same as c++ code
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-boxes/commit/?id=2a76776e8d6247aef5ac8970f25f7ec41c274440
>
> assign a lable in xml
> <accessibility>
>   <relation type="labelled-by" target="label10"/>
> </accessibility>
> like here (line 154)
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/tree/panels/printers/printers.ui?id=38958903eea61d3216ae3e0d702b27bcc0b7996b#n154
>
> here is also some useful information:
> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Accessibility
>
> cheers chrys

Note that in the original email he mentioned that was interested specifically on gnome-shell. gnome-shell doesn't use glade.

>> Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Juli 2015 um 09:48 Uhr
>> Von: "kendell clark" <coffeekingms gmail com>
>> An: "Orca List" <orca-list gnome org>
>> Betreff: [orca-list] in need of c++ code to add accessible labels

hi all
I was planning to go through all of the gnome shell apps and control
panel items this weekend that are lacking labels, set them in the code
and send in patches to the bug reports I have open so they can be
fixed. Can anyone on here give me some generic c code to set an
accessible widget label and a tooltip? I don't need anything fancy to
write callbacks since that's already been implemented in the ui code.
I just need a label and a tooltip. Then I can hook those up to the
buttons. I'm assuming they go inside the button definition? I'm
completely new at all of this so bear with me. This should
dramatically improve the accessibility of gnome shell. Once ths is
fixed I can tackle mate.
Thanks
Kendell clark