Re: [orca-list] in need of c++ code to add accessible labels

On 10/07/15 09:48, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
I was planning to go through all of the gnome shell apps and control
panel items this weekend that are lacking labels, set them in the code
and send in patches to the bug reports I have open so they can be
fixed. Can anyone on here give me some generic c code to set an
accessible widget label and a tooltip? I don't need anything fancy to
write callbacks since that's already been implemented in the ui code
I just need a label and a tooltip. Then I can hook those up to the
buttons. I'm assuming they go inside the button definition? I'm
completely new at all of this so bear with me. This should
dramatically improve the accessibility of gnome shell. Once ths is
fixed I can tackle mate.

Note that most of the UI code of gnome-shell is written in javascript.
For the specific of label, here a commit example:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/commit/?id=df305314c10ac18c77c6707a4f5e50bd41d4adcd

It is true that there are some C code, but it is mostly to give the
support needed to be able to set labels, roles and others on the
javascript code and the keyboard navigation support. For example:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/commit/?id=bd28d5c48af87e34c99cf20cc18c409cca1a1080

And (almost) for sure, gnome-shell doesn't have any line written in c++.

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro (apinheiro igalia com)