Re: [orca-list] Per-application volume control

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 10:18:02AM AEDT, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
I'm running the Unity desktop, but I can do this just by going into the
Sound application and tabbing over to the Applications tab. Just tab down to
the application where you want to control the volume and adjust the slider
bar. Sometimes it isn't easy to tell which application is which, but a few
seconds of trial and error usually sorts it out. I'm not sure how you'd find
this Sound application in Gnome, but I'm sure it's there. In Unity, I just
use alt+f10 and left arrow over to the volume indicator and arrow down to
Sound. I'm sure you can do something similar in Gnome.

This is one problem I want to solve in Speech Dispatcher. When going through the list of apps, you do not see
orca, you see something like sd_espeak or whatever speech dispatcher synth you are using. What is more, a
Speech Dispatcher client could b eusing multiple synths, both of which have different volumes, which is
absolutely not on.

Luke