Re: [orca-list] Acessible online applications for calendar and task management

I have also used the lightning extension for thunderbird.
It takes some getting used to, and I did not do a lot with it, but did set up reminders both for one time
events, and repeated events, such as bill
paying, birthdays, and some work schedules. These included sound alarms and popup messages.
I don't use it now, but this is as much because I do not use any callender regularly.
Also I've used googlecl, a commandline interface to several google apps.
Googlecl seemed to be the easiest way to interact with callender I found, but the functionality is limited to
a handful of commands, and I am not sure
if this would meet your needs.
I had some trouble with callender when I tried to link it to  this laptop a few weeks ago, and have not gone
back to try and correct the problem. I hope
this was my error, and not something broken with the google  api.
You could, and hopefully still can post events to your callender, and see existing events. This could be
combined with a cronjob and or some scripting
to automate things so that you are reminded  of your scheduled events at certain times, when you boot the
computer or shut it down, or in when you start
some program or another, say when you launch your mail reader, or a notetaking app.
Oh, something that was certainly not obvious to me: The man page for googlecl is found with
man google
not
man googlecl
and I'm not sure if it has aditional help available using the  info command.
Also you use google to start your commands, e.g.
google help
I'm getting a bunch of errors right now, so won't post more advice re googlecl until I get things sorted out,
but I've used the program happily on and
off over the last few years. It should work with blogger, youtube, contacts, docs and a couple more apps
besides the above mentioned callender.

HTH.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Christopher Chaltain wrote:
Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 10:20:10AM -0600

I just use Google Calendar, usually with Orca and Firefox, but I've also
used it with NVDA and Chromevox. Some of the ways to get things done take a
bit of experimentation, but once you're used to it, it all seems pretty
doable to me. What specifically are you trying to do? Maybe I or others can
help if we know what you're trying to do.