[orca-list] Getting Voxin to work on 10.04

Hi,
I have had this happen before, and I looked back at some ideas I got before
from the list and nothing seems to work, so I am hoping someone can help me
get Voxin working in this XP-Like Ubuntu 10.04.]
I uncommented the line in speechd.conf that refers to IBMtts.
 I initially installed Voxin 0.64.
I went back into the voxin folders and entered the main packages folder and
ran:
dpkg -i speech-dispatcher-ibmtts_0.8-5voxin1_ibmtts.deb
If the syntax on that last part is wrong, it is because I went by memory in
this message.
But it ran successfully.
I went back to Orca preferences and there is still no IBM TTS in the list of
synthesizers.

Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Glenn