Re: [orca-list] playing videos in ubuntu

This mailing list is public, and archives are available to anyone, We can not suggest or even imply that
someone break a law, no matter how wrong the
law may be in many people's eyes, minds and or hearts here.
That being said we can certaqinly tell people how to install software that is legal where many people on this
list live. It just makes good sense to
remind folks about the legal ramafications once in a while so that this list remains apolitical and a place
that is not distracted by too many
non-technical and or non-orca related discussion.
It would certainly not be helpful if some popular tech blog started talking about how a bunch of blind
radicals were enclouraging folks to  "stand up
for freedom..." or "Break copyright laws...", depending on their point of view Do I think that would happen,
no. Do I think some jerk from some record
company or major coperate Hollywood studio cound stumble on some posts pointed out by a "blind" web-crawler
and decide to make an example out of our
list??? Let me just say that it is possible, and more foolish things happen daily in a world so overly
iinfluenced by lawyers and often poorly thought
out or just lain bad laws
 I think the issues related to  copyright law and what software is available to do what where, when and how
should be discussed, debated and publicized
to the masses. I do not think this is the place to do so.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Josh K wrote:
Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 05:38:13PM -0500

why do you have to check laws in your area? do computers have detectors so
when you use illegal software your computer phones the police and they show
up at your door to arrest you for using illegal stuff? no. you can use
libdvd without worries i think.

follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982