Re: [orca-list] Need help with Firefox in Vinux

Hello,
As far as I can remember single letter navigation commands are in orca for really long while what works with firefox 3.X and newer. So I am afraid you might be experiencing a combination of issues and the fact these single letter navigation commands are not working for you is a result of something else. The biggest change introduced in Orca 3.14 in relation to firefox support is browse mode vs focus mode switching the similar concept like you can see for example with NVDA on Windows. If you tab into a focusable control or when dynamic web application sets focus to such interactive control focus mode is automagically being switched to. You can for example see this when loading google.com web page. Orca switches into focus mode because search widget receives the focus. You can toggle from browse mode to focus mode or the other way round by pressing orca+a . Is this help full. Makes pressing orca+a some difference in what you are experiencing? If you are still unable to come up with a solution, can you explain step by step what you are trying to do, what's happening and what are you expecting instead? I think you might be wondering why I am asking this because there is not much space for variations however since I am unable to imagine how it's failing for you giving precise steps is the ony way to go so we'll try to reproduce and understand your use case and then we can try to come up with a suggestion on how to overcome it.

Greetings

Peter