Re: [orca-list] rate in espeak

The file is in your speech-dispatcher dir as stated in the modules sub-directory. The file is called
espeak.conf, and by default you will not have one
in your home dir in many cases, but when you do it will be in ~/.config normally.
Note that there are three settings, so you will likely want to raise all three values so that the increments
between each percent rate change are not
too large.
I really think the default rates are too low for enough users that they should probably be raised, and while
I know some folks do listen to pretty slow
speech I have never heard of anyone who uses the lowest 20% or so.
For distros and or configurations that use espeakup for console speech you will need to recompile changing
values in espeak.c to get faster speech in
VT-consoles.
Use the default rate setting in  speechd.conf to change the rate used by self voicing aps that directly call
on espeak. The comments in the filoes I
mention are good and explain the various values.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Vojtěch Polášek wrote:
Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 09:51:39AM +0100

Hi,
you have to edit
/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak.conf
or the same file somewhere within your home directory, if you have local
configuration. I don't use ubuntu so I am not sure.
There you can increase the rate, see comments.
Best regards,
Vojta