[orca-list] can I customize gnome-shell launcher

Dear all,
I am planning to shift back to gnome 3.16 and only one thing is holding me back. I wish to know if there is some thing similar to what Unity offers in customizing the left side launcher bar. Firstly I don't have any way to access the list of favorite (most used ) apps like that in Unity by pressing alt+f1. I don't get any feedback about the apps untill I press ctrl + tab after alt+f1 in gnome. Can any one share a plugin or some configuration tip to make this work in gnome like in Unity?
Secondly, can I add or remove those applications in the launcher?
I can't figure this out because I am not able to get at the menu with just alt+f1. I tryed after ctrl tab but I could just get the launcher nothing more than navigating through the list.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.