Re: [orca-list] virtualization software on linux

Hey Don,

I have vmware working but orca doesn't appear to read any of it.

So the windows vm works fine but no ability to change settings etc with
vmware.

I'm not entirely sure if it is me or something else as I think others
have reported success.

I'm using Debian unstable and latest vmware workstation 12.1 and orca
from git.

I haven't as yet tried vmware.

Kind regards

Bart

Don Raikes <DON RAIKES ORACLE COM> writes:

Hello,

I am preparing to convert one of my computers from windows to debian for a variety of reasons.

My problem is that I do need to have a windows system available, so I was considering running a windows
virtual machine ontop of my Linux host.

I have used vmware on windows in the past and found it to be very usable. Virtualbox on windows is not as
usable though but I read recently that virtualbox on Linux is quite accessible.

So my first question is what are the pros and cons of vmware vs virtualbox?

My second questions is what screenreader should be used on the windows guest vm since I believe that jaws
cannot  be licensed in a vm.

My final question is does orca work with desktop sharing such that I could access my windows guest vm using
 the gnome remote desktop/ desktop sharing application?

Any suggestiosn would be greatly appreciated.

Donald