Re: [orca-list] most accessible desktop with orca

Rob,

Yes I am totally blind, and the image I am creating is intended for both running as a live cd and/or being installed onto a hard disk.

Perhaps the problem is that I don’t know the shortcut keys for gnome 3.

When I get to the desktop and start orca, I press alt+f1 which used to go to the gnome menu, but now it just says gnome-shell, and nothing I do changes what I see/hear (note I am runnig with both speech and Braille support).

When I build the image with the mate desktop, I have the same results, in fact I don’t see any differences other  than the size of the iso image.

I want ot make this as cpu and memory efficient as possible so I can use it on virtually any computer I have to use.

Any tips would be appreciated.