Re: [orca-list] Virtual Box with Orca

This is good news. I'd honestly not ever tried virtual box as I'd been told it was not accessible on Linux
back in 2010.
The virtual box CLI is supposed to be quite good actually, so a pretty good GUI along with a powerful CLI
makes VB sound quite atractive.
On Ubuntu vmware player was quite good the time I used it running a virtual windows from vinux 3.x.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  kendell clark wrote:
Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 11:09:15PM -0600

hi
Virtualbox is nearly completely accessible with orca. It's qt4, so can
still be a little quirky, but the menus read, all the dialog boxes read,
etc. The one thing that does not read is the list of vm's. This has been
the case for as long as I've been on linux. I'm not at all sure why.
Vmware player is an option but can be a hassle to maintain if you're on
an arch based distro. Since you're on ubuntu this shouldn't be a problem
though. There's also gnome boxes, although if you're used to the
"seemless" functions like clipboard sharing and hardware passthrough,
gnome boxes doesn't support that stuff yet, although I hear it's being
worked on
Thanks
Kendell clark