[orca-list] Virtual Box with Orca

Hi,
I am looking for a virtual machine software program that is free, or if not free, not expensive, which I know is a relative term.
I looked at Vmware, but it looks like it is not free.
I see that VirtualBox is free, but I don't know if it is going to work with Orca.
I plan on installing Ubuntu Mate 15 on the virtual machine.
I have Ubuntu Mate on my thumb drive, but this laptop is challenging to get it to boot to the thumb drive.
Thanks for any information.

Glenn