Re: [orca-list] Function "increase the speech rate" issue

If I understand you correctly, this must be version specific. I have a document open with gedit, and when I
lower or raise the speechrate with the keys
have defined, (alt with either up or down arrow), the ratein gedit changes, but if I move to another window
or my desktop on another work space the I
have my normal speed.
I am using gedit 3.10 on this machine, so maybe this is the difference? I'm using latest orca from master, or
if not latest at least a very recent one.
If I move back in to the gedit window the rate is reverted to my normal default.
By terminal I assume you mean gnome terminal which I do not have on this machine, but the terminal I have as
my default here, lxterminal, works
normally.
   The only place I can duplicate the behavior  that I think you are talking about is with LO-writer. My
libreoffice-still version is 4.4.6-1.
I'll test this on a Vinux5 installation later.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Alex ARNAUD wrote:
Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 04:35:50PM +0100

Hi everybody!
I have discovered in some applications that increasing the speech rate and
moving with arrow keys doesn't use the increasing speech but the general
speech define in settings.
I can reproduce with terminal, gedit et LibreOffice Writer but it's possible
that the issue exist in another software. The function work fine for me in
Firefox and Thunderbird.
The steps :
1) Open gedit, terminal or LibreOffice Writer
2) Write some lines of text
3) Increase or decrease the speech rate
4) Move with arrow keys
5) The rate defined on the fly is not used

Best regards.

--
Alex ARNAUD