Re: [orca-list] Orca Lag and Libreoffice 5

Hey there,

The following was Tested with my system that has 8GB of ram.

I tested Libreofficefresh 5.0.1.2.0 with the latest Orca 3.17.91 Pre.

The lag is still present when I open a couple of documents that are more than 10 pages in length.

IN particular, I am working with a document that has both columned and single text layout pages, usually pages that you would type when typing say a paper, or just jotting down notes.

I opened the document on it's own with no other documents present, and the lag was present. I had to wait for orca to catch up, either ALT+TABBING into other windows, or just stay in the document window until I got feedback. Pressing the arrows, or using control arrow right or left to read words was also silent here. Moreover, selecting text with shift or control+A to select all also provided no feedback, while orca was catching up.

Also, I noticed that the bug I reported on a while back, where the first line of text in a document is still not announced by orca should you press up or down arrow.

If you would like a log, please let me know, and how I can both get a log for you to see, and how to send it.

Thanks,

Alfonzo Cuellar