Re: [orca-list] Patch: Experimental eSpeak support using python-espeak

hi
This is fantastic! Joanie, Is it possible this could be put into orca
at some point? Not to replace speech-dispatcher, but supplement it? In
particular, This would work good on systems which don't use
pulseaudio, something speech-dispatcher doesn't do well.
Thanks
Kendell clark

Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello, Thanks Chrys for the feetback. Oh I should have reported I
am working on this in the IRC channel so I would not waste your
time.

In the mean time I have pushed all this into my github account at
https://github.com/pvagner/orca fixing a few little things along
the way: - Proper range is now used when setting eSpeak volume. -
Voices with additional dialect such en-us pt-br can now be set
correctly.

I am also seeing a bit of lag when pressing keys. It's mostly
noticeable when typing too fast or selecting the text. I haven't
yet figured out what might be causing this. Perhaps I need to find
a way on how to decrease eSpeak sound buffer somehow. Or I need to
move speaking into seperate thread. If you have more ideas related
to this, I'm listening.

Thanks and greetings

Peter