Re: [orca-list] heads up: beta code for progress bar beeps in orca coming soon

I backed up my ~/.local/share/orca dir to be safe and  did
./auatogen.sh
./configure --prefix-=/usr/local
make
sudo make install
before I saw your msg.
What would your method do to distinguish the orca versions? would they both be in /usr/bin?
Anyway, so far it is working for me.
I find the tone a bit louder than I'd like, but more importantly I think itmay last a bit longer than it
needs to for each beep. I've not used nvda much
in a long time as I have not used windows much ina long time, but if I remember corectly it gave shorter tone
bursts that gave one a good idea of what
was happening with out being extremely intrusive.
The other thing I'd really like to see is a both option so that one could get both spoken anouncements and
beeps, i.e. I'd like to bee able to turn
progress anouncements back to speak every 10 seconds as is default, but have beeps informing me of changes if
they occur inbetween the spoken feedback.
Is this beeping for each percent of progress, or is it timed?
This is a good feature that I think many people will want to use/thanks much for dong the work to make it
happen. I think it's most of the way there,
but does need to be "toned" down" a little bit, pardon the bad pun, well are most puns not bad actually?
Congrats.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Storm Dragon wrote:
Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 08:35:09PM -0400

Hi,
For anyone installing this in arch, after you cloned the git repo and are in the directory, do:
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
sudo make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install
This shouldn't clash with your current orca-git package.
HTH
Storm