Re: [orca-list] OwnCloud is a bit of a mess, client and web-interface, or is it me that's mroe of a mess than usual?

I think it's the JS that is part of what's giving me fitz of frustration and cursing, e.g. sometimes when I
should see the apps link it is not there, or
is not showing itself to orca anyway, other times it appears.
This reminds me, if anyone is using webvisum, did you stop hearing clicks if you had them enabled?
I used to depend on this at times to let me know when pagesw were loading, but for a couple months or more I
haven't heard them.
I'm going to install it on another distro to chck, but this is true with my alsa only arch and pulse using
F123 had the same issue I think, need to put
webvisum on my current F123 instance and Vinux5 nightly as well to check.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  covici ccs covici com wrote:
Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 01:07:16PM -0400

Well, using windows, I have been successful, but I don't know how
firefox in Linux would work, but to change the password, or your name or
email address, click where it says personal information, you may have to
click on your name first.  They use a lot of java script, so its quite
quirky.

Janina Sajka <janina rednote net> wrote:

Hi,

I've also been trying to get OwnCloud 8 working without much success.
It's installed, and I can successfully login, but that's about it.  My
most recent problem was an inability to change my user password.

So, if you find some solutions, I'd like to know. I will do likewise, of
course, and report any breakthrough.

Janina

B. Henry writes:
I've spent hours trying to get owncloud set up ad have had very little success other than being able to
log-in, both http and https are working
anywayJ), and upload single files via the web interfadce. I can put stuff in own cloud folder also, but
can't get folders I select to sync. They show up
empty and never sync. That's probably more of an owncloud question and or issue/off list help there
will be gratefullly received.
The client is now stuck on show activity, and I can't find a way to get to other parts of the
interface. It shows that or closes. I'm not using nautilus
here, so can't test the nautilus integration, well, actuall will try it on another box later.
The web interface is odd as well. I can pick my user and go to admiin, but then can't reliably find
apps.
I thought it was showing up when I entered on the owncloud link from the admin screen, but that's not
working now. Also according to the documentation I
should be seeing a module to enable on the apps screen, athe default encryption one, and it has not
appeared before or after enabling server side
encryption, and the encryption is not working/gives a message on admin screen saying so....
Anyone know anyting about this? I've not tried with orca 16 yet, only master from yesterday, and one
slightly older, will try in a bit as well.
I've been using firefox on arch-linux for my interaction with the interface.
Regards from a frustrated listmate...

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

Janina Sajka,       Phone:  +1.443.300.2200
                    sip:janina asterisk rednote net
            Email:  janina rednote net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:   http://a11y.org