[orca-list] Unity vs mait, what to choose for daily use

Dear all,
I am about to purchase a new laptop (a thinkpad t440 ) in a few hours.

I am now confused what to put on it/
Unity? mait?
I had discussed this earlier, Unity seems to be just fine except that dash issue, which I don't know if it was fixed.
So that seems my first natural choice.
I am going to upgrate my machine to 8 gb ddr 3 ram so Unity should not be an issue. However I am also curious about mait and want to know what all works fine with latest version of Orca.
Kindly list all that works.
Wifi access, all the panels, launcher or what ever they call in mait and firefox.
I also use Libre office Calc and some times writer.
Of course being a programmer, I use Eclipse extensively.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.