Re: [orca-list] a few issues

Hi Justin.

On 04/06/2015 07:28 AM, Justin Pospical wrote:

[...]

1. In Transmission, when pressing space on a torrent in order to check
its status (it seems the only way to do this is to go into its
properties) as of late Orca has consistently become very unresponsive.

This is likely due to an event flood from Gtk+. Not too long ago, I
removed some hacks from Orca and am instead using some utilities in
pyatspi. As a side effect, Orca seems to be causing Gtk+ to spew
accessible events. My goal is to solve this (and similar issues) in Gtk+
rather than add hacks to Orca.

2. In the metadata editor in Audacity, none of the fields or values
are read. I'm thinking this is probably a labeling issue with Audacity
itself, but am not sure.

It's more than a mere labeling issue. When I take a look at the object
using Accerciser, I see an accessible panel for the container, but no
children. That widget is not accessible. A number of wxGTK widgets are
not accessible, I'm afraid. See for instance:
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/15411

3. In tree views such as DConf Editor or the choose an application
dialog in Pcmanfm, it's very difficult to get anything to expand, for
example one of the categories of applications. Neither right arrow nor
space or enter work. Sometimes clicking on them in flat review works,
and other times it seems to do nothing.

Orca doesn't take over navigation in anything but Web content -- and
currently that's limited to non-editable Gecko content. That said, did
you try Shift+Right to expand? That works for me.

--joanie