[orca-list] How to call hibernate function from Gnome desktop link

Dear users and developers,
Session manager Window is inaccessible in Ubuntu Trusty 14.04, so i would like to create desktop link with The short cut key to activate hibernate function and shut down function. I can not choose to redefine power button in System settings to recall shut down.
Is it possible to call some executable binary program or script to do that?
Halt is causing problems, i must use CTRL+ALT+DEL to shutdown system totally.
And shut down command must contain shut down delay in seconds or in minutes?
Any help is strongly welcomed.
I hope, that i will do not have to intrude some C++ developer so developer would write some C++ binary module for blind users of Ubuntu 14.04. I do not want to perform Ubuntu updates, because at-spi and aspecially Firefox is tuned to fetch ARIA live region messages evn in pages when ARIA live regions are not coded strictly according to The ARIA standards.

And newer firefox with Orca 3.10 is causing issues, that automatic live messages are being pronounced but also with some stored data in history, so i must define that Firefox will use The custom history so no data are being stored so algorithm for fetching ARIA live messages will not fetch also The titles of my previously visited WEB pages.

So i must use Firefox 2.28 and Orca 3.10.