[orca-list] installing Voxin on Ubuntu 10.04

Hi All,
I am running XpLike Ubuntu 10.04 on a live thumb drive.
I ran the Voxin installer and I thought the install went okay, but it is
still using eSpeak.
This is Voxin 0.63.
In trying it a second time, I got the message that speech dispatcher is not
included in this package.
Yet Orca seems to be working okay.
I ran:
sudo apt-get install speech-dispatcher
and it installed some packages.
I logged out and back, no change.
I ran
sudo apt-get install gnome-orca
It upgraded Orca and I logged out and back, and still no change.
I ran the Voxin installer again, and I got the message that it is the latest
version, and again that speech dispatcher is not included in this package.
Prior to all this, I did a system update too.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Glenn