Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:48:16 -0430
From: Luis Gonz?lez <luisg123v gmail com>
To: "Mgr. Janusz Chmiel" <ernesta tiscali cz>
Cc: Glenn <glennervin gmail com>, orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] XP-Like Ubuntu security question

I'm using various Linux versions, including Ubuntu 10.04. Although
it's currently supported for servers (it receives security updates, so
the security shouldn't be a problem), the main problem is you can't
(or it's much harder) install new software, e.g. a roughly newer
versions of Transmission, Libreoffice, pidgin, wine and others; in
most cases, you'll need to compile the software  yourself.

On the other hand, if you use unsupported versions like Ubuntu
8.*/10.10, you'll be exposed to new vulnerabilities, e.g. Heartbleed;
so yes, security could  actually be something to consider.