From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Dhairyashil Bhosale
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:24 AM
To: orca-list gnome org; themuso ubuntu com
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Is Orca support plug-in architecture ?

Hi All ,

Hi Luke,
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 03:08:44PM AEST, Dhairyashil Bhosale wrote:
> It will very useful that orca will support plugin feature i.e add-ons , so
> it will possible that we can add NVDA's plugins in orca if possible, so it
> will enhance Orca's power , feature support list . so if we have to make
> orca support for plugin  architecture, what changes need to do in orca, it
> will affects orca's architecture ?

> Ok, lets look at this another way. What functionality would you like in Orca that NVDA has?

so Luke , for adding new feature in orca we have to modify or write applications script , so for that purpose , it will be very easy that we make plugins of that feature and install in orca if orca provides plugin architecture . so and we can also use plugin of NVDA in orca if possible . it will enhanced orca performance. and for new developer/contributor they will make only plugins so no need to modify application script .

Regards,

Dhairyashil

   2. Re:  Is Orca support plug-in architecture ? (Luke Yelavich)

Message: 2
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 03:08:44PM AEST, Dhairyashil Bhosale wrote:
> It will very useful that orca will support plugin feature i.e add-ons , so
> it will possible that we can add NVDA's plugins in orca if possible, so it
> will enhance Orca's power , feature support list . so if we have to make
> orca support for plugin  architecture, what changes need to do in orca, it
> will affects orca's architecture ?

Ok, lets look at this another way. What functionality would you like in Orca that NVDA has?

Luke

Subject: Digest Footer