From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Krishnakant Mane
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 2:42 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] donations

Just for my curious knowledge is this link uptodate?
http://git.gnome.org/browse/orca/plain/docs/doc-set/internals.pdf
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.

On Tuesday 02 September 2014 05:18 AM, Jason White wrote:
José Vilmar Estácio de Souza <vilmar informal com br> wrote:
Hi.
I don't know if this can help but there is a file called orca.py in
the directory src/orca with a function called main.

If I am not mistaken, is the code that initializes orca.

According to what I understood, orca reacts based in events.
There is a file called default.py in src/orca/scripts directory that
implements a function for each event.
When I last looked at this, admittedly some years ago, the code wasn't
overly difficult to follow, even for someone not experienced in Python.

I would suggest that you try not to be intimidated by this, and
actually spend time browsing the source code, starting from the
obvious places such as program initialization. Using indexing tools
such as ctags should make it much easier to find class and function definitions of interest.

Take notes as you read.

The manual is at