Re: [orca-list] using pendrives to try Orca master on F123

Dear Fernando,
Truly, it is possible to install Debian based operating system on USB
flash drive. The best and simples technique is to use Oracle VM virtual
box or vmware player free version to install Linux distro on The virtual
harddisk. The best scenario is to use no dynamic virtual harddisk and
its size should never exceed The size of The target USB flash disk.
The special Windows freely available program StarWind V2V Image
Converter can convert .vmdk and .vhd harddisks to .img raw image format.
Important warning:

Not all Linux distros are capable to autodetect hardware when image with
Linux system have been run from other hardware device. I have positive
experience with Debian based distributions such as Ubuntu, or official
Debian. But there is AN issue when I have tried to do this techniques
with Manjaro based on Arch Linux.
I do not know why, if it is somethink related to partitioning or what else.

Users must be aware, that USB pen drive have limited number of cycles,
so it is in possible to use Linux or other OS intensively on USB flash
drive for one year 16 hours per a day. But those flash disks can be used
for example to host full Linux installation, which can be used to
perform various system administration tasks even on Windows system.

I would like to inform users, who are presented here, that there is C++
program written by using GTK for editing Windows registry. It is not so
simple like Regedit for Windows, but can ehelp.

I have binary statically pre-compile form of this program, so it is
possible to use it from many Linux distros.

I Am strongly recommending users, who would want to use Linux live or
pre-installed systems on various bootable types of media for The purpose
of virus removal of Windows operating systems, install Clamwin for
Linux, Mr Klaus Knopper has included The GTK form of Clamwin for Linux
to his distribution latest stable Adriane Knoppix DVD.

YOu must have enough MB of free RAM, becauase 3,8 milions of virus
signatures can allocate more than 250 MB of RAM and virus searching
allocates more and more MB of RAM, its usual for such kinds of tasks.

Please be aware, that there is no chkdsk /f /r NTFS secure variant for
Linux. To repair NTFFS file system from Linux environment. Experimenting
with Wine and some dlls from WIndows is not very secure for those tasks.
So for some tasks, You would had to use projects based on Windows
pre-installed environment. Choosing legal projects from this branch is
not easy.

So i wish You many nice days and thank all F123 developers for their work.

With kindness regards.
Janusz

---
Tato zpráva neobsahuje viry ani jiný škodlivý kód - avast! Antivirus je aktivní.