[orca-list] ajax bluechat and Orca useful tips

Dear users and Orca developers,
I have invested some of my spare time to give users advices related to
Ajax blue chat and Orca screen reader.

Because developers of Ajax bluechat did not implement Aria according to
The rules, new Orca starting from version 3.11 or 3.12 will not enable
users to automatically hear changes on The Ajax bluechat chat room.
And because I do not think, that there are many Javascripts developers
whowould repair Bluechat or even make An script for greaseamonkey script
to solve this issue, here are my solutions.
It is not smart solution, but functioning one it depends on every body
of You, if You will use it or no.

Instal gnome-orca_2.30.2.0
Install this version of Orca to Ubuntu 10.10 desktop.

http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/maverick/ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386.iso
It is necessary to use
dpkg -i
as root user to install this older version of Orca, so You will
downgrade The Orca version which exist in Ubuntu 10.10.
Solved issues.
Orca will support hod keys Orca modifier+F1-F9 for reading one of The
nine previously spoken Aria live regions announcements.
But Ajax Bluechat is not cooperating with Orca as it should.
If You will use show logged users and if You will press up arrow key
while focus is inside editable field, Orca will not fetch last message
on The chat room glass. To solve this, try to install Firefox from
Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid to The Ubuntu 10.10 system.
Please keep in mind that you can use
dpkg -i to install .deb packages
You can find .deb packages in The
/var/apt/cache/archives
You can even use synaptic package manager to only fetch needed package
mark it for reinstall and apply changes, then check download package only.
You will find it in
/var/cache/apt/archives

The aim of my work around is to solve Orca bug in Ubuntu Lucid links, or
may be that it is at-spi bug, which causes, that deleted characters are
not correctly pronounced while pressing DEL or Backspace key when typing
on The edit field in Ajax bluechat chat room. This bug can be overcomed
by this not very easy task.
But if i can not repair Bluechat to support ARIA standards better, if i
can not use newest Orca for this perfect chat and opensource system, i
will have to use this work around.

Orca is not causing crashes.
It is only not easy to install Flash player to Ubuntu +10.10 but i will
try to do that. Ubuntu 10.10 repositories are not available because
Ubuntu 10.10 is not supported.

It is very good, that Ubuntu versions are using infrastructure, which
support older Orca in newer Ubuntu without random crashes of xorg
server. So no random restarts of Gnome-session.
I will enable debug log to observe, if there will some hydden issues
related to at-spi calls.

Ajax BLuechat testing and stable versions download links.

https://codeload.github.com/Frug/AJAX-Chat/zip/0.8.7-standalone

https://codeload.github.com/Frug/AJAX-Chat/zip/testing

Does somebody of us have Mysql and other needed packages to install Ajax
bluechat on YOurs servers to test it with Orca? May be, that somebody of
us would try to repair Ajax bluechat source code so Aria markup language
would be used correctly, so also newest Orca will work with it.
Or does somebody of us know about better, free chat system, which
support ARIA standards better than Bluechat?
Not only messages on The chatroom glass, but also other event.
Bluechat sends all events on The chatroom glass by using ARIA live region.
BUt this region is very long, so The messages count must be set to 1 to
use this feature effectively.

Blind user do not have The chance to chat with more than 10 people at
The same time, so lets assign every aria live region from position 0 to
9 so every new chatroom visitor will have its own live region.
Who of us would try to adapt Bluechat to work with latest Orca?
I Am ready to intensively test this system with Orca, but for now, i Am
being forced to use not good procedure which I have described previously
in this message.

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.