From: B. Henry [mailto:burt1iband gmail com]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:11 PM
To: Alex Midence; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] gvim

Is this just with Debian? I have not had issues so far losing speech running gedit with either gksu or sudo
that I recall in the desktops I mostly use. Perhaps I've not yet tested this in gnome 3.x as I've just
started experimenting with 3.10 very recently. I have set up keyboard shortcuts to open gedit as root  on at
least one desktop, unity or xfce most likely; so I know there was no issue there. I just ran sudo gedit /path
to some file/file with no delay or silence here using XFCE and a fairly recent orca build from master. I
think but am not 100% sure I've also edited files as root whe using mate, think that was on Vinux4.90.
--
B.H.