Re: [orca-list] gvim

Gedit has some very nice plug-ins also, but I do use CLI editors a lot, especially as I do as much as is
practical in CLI
invironments. I have usedVIM some, ed more, and have nano as my default txt editor. I run all but nano
exclusively in CLI
ttys. Nano I sometimes run in terminal emulators which works fine as long as the terminal is meximized. The
only issues I
have are the slight delay switching back to the GUI from a shell or other cli program that would not be
noticeable on a
fast machine I think, and the extra time spent with copy and paste operations between CLI and GUI. I keep a
couple files
around for this, pasting with speakups "cut and paste" functionality and then using GUI copy and paste
shortcut keys to
move the text around in the desktop invironment or visa versa. I have a script that works with a clipboard
manager that
can avoid much of this hassle, but I have never started using it.
--
B.H.