Re: [orca-list] can orca work with xfce?

I don't want to change my basic distribution which is gentoo, I use
speakup in the regular console and it works well, I just want to add a
gui to that.  Can either of those work that way?
LXDE seems to be available in the repository.

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel <ernesta tiscali cz> wrote:

Dear,
If i can recommend You, do not use XFCE, use LXDE or Mate desktop
instead because of low memory allocations of those desktop
environments.
The advantage of Mate is,that it work with Orca except apps with root
privileges if You are running Orca as non root user account.
LXDE is using much less RAM, unfortunately, Orca flat rewiev feature
do not work as it should in some apps.
I have tried Mate live CD and eventhough this system can not be used
with package manager, system can not be installed, i would very like
to use it even without update manager and package manager.
Because i think, that this system have very big potential.
If you want to run some distro with XFCE and Orca, keep in mind, that
yu will have to set some environment variables and yu will have to
edit some scripts and it is not very kind task without screen reader.
I do not know, if somebody can release some distro with Orca and XFCE
support. Does somebody of You release some live .iso image with Linux
distribution and XFCE desktop environment and with The working Orca?