Re: [orca-list] installing gnome with unity already on my system.

Hi Derek,

Yes, it is completely possible to do that. Basically, you can open
gnome-terminal and do an apt-get to install gnome. When the system
restarts, assuming you chose to keep LightDM as your default display
manager, bring up orca with super+shift+s, and then set Gnome as your
default desktop. Alternatively you can also edit the LightDM or GDM
configurations manually to set Gnome as your default desktop.

However, I suggest in the future you might want to check out Ubuntu
Gnome, which is a
derivative of Ubuntu, which comes with Gnome installed by default
instead of Unity.

Cheers!