Re: [orca-list] interested in trying orca with various desktops

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Don Raikes <DON RAIKES oracle com> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to find a comfortable replacement for gnome for my debian-based LIveCD.  I am wantignto use one of the lighter-weight desktops like xfce, lxde or possibly even mate.

Are there any special configuration settings or things I have to do to get orca to work under these desktop environments?

For the next release of Ubuntu Studio, which run Xfce, we included the following packages:

gnome-orca
espeak
speech-dispatcher
brltty

I checked with Xubuntu and it includes the same packages. That said I have not been able to test extensively.

/Jimmy