Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 12.04 silence

The only problem I've seen with Ubuntu 12.04 and sound is that for some audio drivers, the volume will come up very low or muted. I've always just been able to use my multimedia keys to unmute or raise the volume.

I have also seen that plugging or unplugging something in the audio output jack may also cause the volume to be lowered or muted. Again, the multimedia keys always resolve this for me.

Note that I'm not sure these are ubuntu specific issues. I seem to recall others reporting similar issues with other Linux distributions.