[orca-list] Important/OT for Skype-users

I am in a hurry needing to make a skype call so I've not had the  time to try and verify exactly what's going
on, but
latest skype for LInux, 4.3.something, doesn't work for me using skype on a pure alsa arch-linux system. I do
not think
this will effect pulse audio using systems, but this is just a hunch so far. Actually some have reported good
results on
Ubuntu and Vinux, so there's at least some basis to this theory.
Anyway, I had no sound at all with latest skype, no log-in sound, and when trying to replay voice mail using
a helper
program was sent back to my prompt. A test call was also completely silent.
Just wanted to save anyone from heart break in case it's hard for them to get a copy of the old release. It's
around for
sure, but perhaps for some distros it's hard to get skype 4.2. I hope I can resolve this and get skype to be
seen by orca,
but so far so bad on that score for me on arch64bit.
Looking forward to trying skype4.3 on Vinux very soon.
If anyone knows of some flag to pass to skype or other solution for these issues, please post.
I've tried putting the 32bit version of the qt-atspi file in place of the 64bit version in /usr/lib or maybe
it was lib32,
but no help. Sorry for not giving exact paths and filenames there, but hopefully  what I wrote gives a little
idea of what
I did try.
Regards,
--