Re: [orca-list] What is QT and why would we use it?

Just to add that Desktops may combine these developer toolkits, and there are aps that have multiple front
ends written
for them. For example Unity uses QT and is built on Gnome/ships with GTK aps, (yeah, this is my rudamentary
understanding,
so please amplify, clarify or correct me if I'm not explaining things correctly).
Transmission, a popular torrent program has both QT and GTK frontends available, and can also be run as a CLI
only
package.
These toolkits make it easy for a programmer to include things like controls to a program. Having
standardized developer
kits are what make it phesible for the average programmer to make their aps accessible I would think.