Re: [orca-list] what is ROLE_DIAL?

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 09:37:54AM +1000, Jason White wrote:
Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com> wrote:
A dial is a circular value-setting widget. What it buys you over a
slider, other than roundness, I could not tell you. But it's in the Qt
widget demos and Orca was failing to present it.

I suppose QT could just have mapped it to "slider" before forwarding it to
AT-SPI, but from a design point of view I think it's better for the user to
know that it's a dial rather than a slider, even though they're functionally
indistinguishable.

Does a slider go from the end value back to the beginning value as the user
moves "forward"? That would at least be the difference I would expect: that
a slider would stick to the end value and a dial to keep circulating...

-Mallory