Subject: Fwd: gnome 3.12 vs Unity, what's the current status?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 18:35:33 +0530
From: kk <kk dff org in>
To: Krishnakant Mane <krmane gmail com>

 From my Other mail box.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	gnome 3.12 vs Unity, what's the current status?
Date: 	Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:26:27 +0530
From: 	kk <kk dff org in>
To: 	ORCA-LIST gnome org

Hello all,
I have been off the loop for a few days given my busy schedule on a
project release.
I wish to know if Unity with Ubuntu 14.04 is good enough for real use or
should I continue with Gnome 3.10 or 3.12?
I had found out that notifications in Unity worked more accurately with
Orca and things like setting up wifi or mobile broadband was easier.
Gnome had an advantage of being pretty streight forward with access to
things like system resources and with a plugin I could get the super +
number, unity style application access working.
I however find that locating things like trash or working with wifi or
broadband or getting into using pen drives etc is a bit tricky with
gnome shell 3.10.
So what is the experience of others so far?
dash pain was broken in Unity when I checked it last.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.