Re: [orca-list] Geany, SciTE and other Scintilla based applications

Alex,

I can recommend wxWidgets and wx.Python as excellent toolkits for the
visually impaired to produce good-looking GUI applications.

Key to their success is the grid-sizer method of laying out components.
This method negates the need for specifying sizes and positions in
absolute numbers which has implications when font-sizes change or
windows are resized or moved.

I have written a number of GUI apps on Windows using wxWidgets.  But
that's made easier by an NVDA plug-in I have written which will display
the absolute and relative position of all the objects in a window hierarchy.

There is probably a way of doing that on gtk as well.

I've never found Eclipse very easy to use, not from an accessibility
point of view but because I seem always to spend 90% of development time
wrestling with Eclipse and only the remaining 10% actually writing code.

But that's probably just me :)

Mike