Re: [orca-list] improving dbr daisy book reader

kendell clark <coffeekingms gmail com> wrote:
hi all
I've been after a few people to write a daisy player for linux, but no one seems in any great hurry to do
it, so I'm
planning to write one myself.

there's already a Daisy player in Debian. I'm not trying to discourage you
from writing one if you have features in mind that aren't available from the
existing player. I think there's one in Emacspeak as well, and another (sorry
- can't remember the name) as a Firefox extension.

Here are the package details.

Package: daisy-player
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Multi-Arch: foreign
Version: 8.7.0-1
Section: sound
Maintainer: Debian Accessibility Team <debian-accessibility lists debian org>
Architecture: amd64
Uncompressed Size: 317 k
Depends: madplay, udisks2, unar, libc6 (>= 2.4), libcdio-cdda1 (>= 0.83),
         libcdio-paranoia1 (>= 0.83), libcdio13 (>= 0.83), libmagic1 (>= 5.12),
         libncursesw5 (>= 5.6+20070908), libsox2 (>= 14.4.0), libtinfo5, libxml2
Recommends: libcddb-get-perl
 Daisy-player is a command-line player for talking books based on the Digital
 Accessible Information System protocol. It is comparable in functionality,
 features, and ease of use with commercial players, and has a simple user
 interface appropriate for Braille terminals.
Homepage: http://jlemmens.nl/

Tags: accessibility::TODO, implemented-in::c, interface::text-mode,
      role::program, scope::utility, sound::player, uitoolkit::ncurses,
      use::learning, use::playing, works-with-format::mp3, works-with::audio