Re: [orca-list] Gnome 3.10 on Ubuntu 13.10

Oh, man, it's awful.  Getting one without UEFI is hard to come by too.  You
won't find them on special at all and, unless you want a used one, you won't
get them for a low price.  If you just go out to the store and buy yourself
a standard, run of the mill machine with Windows installed that you want to
take home and pop in a live dvd of your favorite Linux distribution to
install onto, you can't seem to do that any more.  I'm going to try Ubuntu
tonight as it is supposed to work with secure boot.  I'll try Fedora as well
since it is supposed to work best with this feature but I really don't want
to install a server based on Fedora because I don't want to have to wrestle
with selinux every step of the way.  I figure my best bet is a Ubuntu
Desktop installation and then spending the time to turn int into a Ubuntu
Server distribution, eliminate gnome autostarting and just leave it at that.
But, if I'm to have Ubuntu and if I have to have a desktop on there, it is
going to be the newest Gnome I can get my hands on.

Wish me luck,

Alex M

Ps  Oh, yeah, and I am doing all this on an Asus which is supposed to be a
Linux-friendly manufacturer.