Re: [orca-list] synaptic locks up my computer when launched.

I've not used semaptic for a while, maybe a few months, but I never had any problem with it on Vinux4.0 which
for those who do not know is based on Ubuntu 12.04, and is currently still using Orca 3.4.2. Some of the
accessability stack is newer than straight Ubuntu precise  I believe. (not tried vanilla precise since
shortly after official release)
While I do most of my package management on the commandline with apt-get, and occasionally aptitude or wajig
at times semaptic sorting/filtering is very convenient, and I sincerely hope that any bug can be fixed as
many people have become quite familiar and comfortable with this program and its interface over the years
it's been around.
--
B.H.