Re: [orca-list] possible fix for inaccessible apps

Hello Doug:

No, that would go against the accessibility philosophy of Orca and
Gnome. Orca does not use any video intercept drivers of any kind, the
way Jaws or Window-Eyes do on Windows, and relies on the app to
properly reveal the proper GUI components to Orca via ATK and At-spi.
In other words instead of constantly updating the screen reader to
support this or that app the way Windows screen readers do the Linux
accessibility model puts the balk of the accessibility on the app
itself, and if there is a program you want to use that isn't
accessible then you need to contact its developers and tell him/her
what they need to do to improve access.

Cheers!